Friday 14 June 2013

Short Hair Equals Sexy Hair

Let me start with a little background info: in the spring of 2011 I decided (on impulse) that I no longer wanted to have shoulder length locks and opted for a Rihanna-esque crop. It was very sexy let me assure you, I have to be honest in saying that it took a disastrous attempt to colour my hair red at home (4 weeks after opting for jet black mind you) before I was brave enough to make such a drastic change. My stylist at the time knew how much I hated trims, so of course she hesitated and even suggested I compromise with a cute bob before she gave me a life-changing haircut. It was the best decision I had ever made at that point in my life, it suited my face so much more than those God-forsaken buns long-haired gals gravitate towards; it also not only made me look older, or much closer to my age but it made me feel a lot more confident and sexy. Short hair on women is the ultimate 'up middle finger' to society, but I love it!

As of late I've been having the short hair dreams; I'm seriously contemplating going short again this fall, but I can be indecisive at times, not only do I have an arsenal of products catered to longer lengths, short styles and weaves as a result of the confusion, but I know firsthand how painful the growing out phase is so for now it may have to be a short weave, but here's some inspiration for anyone else who is thinking about taking the plunge.



Hollywood Pix




Black Hair: About

Ultimate Kelis


Woo Hair

Celebrity Ville

Last but not least, my favourite hair/style icon Rihanna...

Omni Health

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search