Thursday 10 October 2013

Book Club: The Fashion Book (New and Updated)

Yesterday I received an email invitation to The Fashion Book launch event at Topshop, I didn't see the email until about 4:30pm and was running on just 4 hours sleep and 4 sushi rolls but I knew that I just had to attend!



There were limited spaces so they advised an early arrival, I didn't arrive until about 5:30pm and unfortunately didn't make it in at first. The security guard advised the remainder of the crowd that we would not be getting in as it was full and entry was on a one-in-one-out basis, however I'm not one to give in so easily as I was near enough the front of the queue and had arrived alone.


Sure enough people got bored or whatever and started to leave...I would say within 15-20 minutes I managed to get in. There were aguest speakers which included milliner Stephen Jones and Somerset House curator Shonagh Marshall, although I missed the beginning I still found the discussion on the fashion industry and style icons quite interesting.


Now for the best part...the book. For those who are unaware The Fashion Book is pretty much a fashion bible, I had been dying to get my hands on a copy, but only the mini paperback edition was available on Amazon. This new edition has been updated to include some new designers and style icons, I seriously can't wait to go through this book...it's the perfect reference book for anyone who studies or simply loves fashion.


A tote bag and a limited edition print of the cover signed by illustrator Mats Gustafson were also included with every book purchase on the night.

Oh and I was also captured on film for the Topshop style page? So I will definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search