Friday 15 November 2013

Haché: Gourmet Burgers (a local gem)

Continuing on with my current theme of burger restaurants it's about time that I mentioned Haché, a restaurant which I had passed many times without ever trying simply because I just wasn't a fan of burgers, however after the rave reviews and personal recommendations I decided to give it try.

                                


So let's get down to the nitty gritty; the options vary between Haché Scotch Beef, Signature, Lamb and Chicken Burgers, they also offer Sirloin steak along with both a Fish and Vegetarian option. The beef steak burgers are all cooked medium well unless requested otherwise and you have the choice between a Ciabatta or Brioche bun, which may be substituted for salad if you're being fussy healthy.

I decided to order the Steak Mexican Burger with a Brioche Bun and a side of fries; I refuse to go with the status quo and requested my burger medium rare simply because that's how I enjoy my steak. For starters I opted for the Hot 'N' Spicy Chicken Wings, and decided on a glass of Malbec  to compliment my main.

                    

                    

Allow me to get straight to the point...the burger was ah-may-zing (I had to use phonetics for emphasis)! The burger was a perfect medium rare; there's nothing worse than under/overcooked meat, and the Brioche bun complimented the burger nicely in ways that I imagine the Ciabatta wouldn't. The salsa, guacamole and sour cream were served separately to the burger which meant they were almost forgotten, although I later added the salsa to my burger. As a lover of spicy food I enjoyed the addition of the jalapeños and felt they were just what was needed to distinguish this from an ordinary beef burger. The fries were just OK: far from memorable, and as I had ordered a starter they felt almost unnecessary...next time I would skip definitely skip the fries. As for the chicken wings, in my opinion they were just your average buffalo wings- that's not to say I wouldn't recommend them, however they just weren't unique to Haché.

Overall I would rate this restaurant highly, the jury is out as to whether I would consider it to be one of my favourite places, but I would highly recommend and revisit myself. As it stands I'm currently on a mission to seek out London's best burgers, so you can expect to see similar reviews in the near future; who knows maybe Haché will turn out to be a favourite after all...

 Haché Clapham on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I didn't get the wings then. The sweet potato fries and onion rings you must try next time!

    ReplyDelete

Search